Hey Skint pals,
An extra- glamorous post today, to celebrate the premiere of the Great Gatsby this weekend – (for U.S readers – May 17 for the UK) – I was very happy to be chosen as one of this week’s best style posts by the very chic tribe over at International Fashion Bloggers. Seems they liked my post on getting your wardrobe summer-ready, skint-style – and I like the rest of their picks and want to share them with you. Want to learn how to do easy Great Gatsby make-up? Or how to shop for clothes without trying them on? Then read on pals . . .
To bring you some extra Great Gatsby glamour for the weekend, I’m sharing the full list with you here – the very best of style posts from across the web from over the last week. Enjoy, Skint chums. And if you’re new to this site (and only if you like it!), please take a second to subscribe using the box on the right, to make sure you get all the forthcoming posts on living the high life on a shoestring budget. There some extra-good great stuff coming up soon – including giveaways you won’t want to miss!
With all the dazzle of this week’s Met Gala and the upcoming excitement of the Great Gatsby, this summer is going to be all about glam. This week’s roundup has just about everything you need to know about looking fabulous, how to find the best deals in most unexpected places and how to save yourself money by buying kids clothes!
Links à la Mode: May 9th
- DIY Dyonne: A Primer on Primer: Madge’s Beauty Picks
- Fashion & Beauty INC: Steal Daisy Buchanan’s Glam Great Gatsby Makeup
- Fashstash: Shoes of Prey x Romance Was Born
- Hunting in Heels: Designer Uniforms
- I Can Style U: How to Catch A Geek’s eye
- Inspirations and Celebrations: How To Wear Animal Prints
- Knocked Up Fabulous: 4 Items to Buy for Yourself at the Children’s Department
- La Petite Pear: The Beginner’s Guide to Pattern Mixing
- Lesimplyclassy: The Ultimate Guide: How to make your lipstick last longer
- Lollieshopping: Shopping for Clothes without Trying Them on
- Olive Brown: Unerrated Fashion Icons: Nina Simone
- Rose & Pine: Top Ten Best Dressed Ladies at the Costume Institute Gala!
- Slightly Oddley: How to: Shop online (disappointment free)
- Skint in The City: Six Ways to Make Your Summer Clothes Sing
- Spy Girl: Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s: Review
- Storybook Apothocary: Why I Can Never Be Anorexic (Despite Past Attempts)
- Style Curated: Gatsby Glamour
- The Occasional Fashionista: Why should we care about the Met Ball?
- Wilde Hunt: Wilde Hunt Corsetry – Antique Textile Adventure
- We Are Ready Made: Gender Confusion
So, that’s all for now, Skint pals. I hope you have a fabulous weekend. Doing anything stylish? Don’t let being Skint stop you! Anyone going to see the Great Gatsby? Early reviews seem mixed – I can’t think how it will beat the book, so I just intend to sit back and enjoy the style!