Hey Skint pals,
My five year old daughter told me, quite firmly, this morning that if you have two pounds or more, you’re rich. So, we’re all practically millionaires, right? Congratulations to you all!
And extra congratulations to the now super-rich Olivia Kirby, who won the Skint Bownty competition and will now be enjoying £55 of deals to spend on meals out, shows, or whatever takes her fancy. Well done Olivia – and thanks to all of you who entered. If you didn’t win this time, never fear – there are more competitions and giveaways coming up soon!
Now, you know how sometimes, things just take on a life of their own? Sometimes, that’s stuff you don’t want, such as dodgy tweets, acne outbreaks and the rise of the onesie, but sometimes it’s stuff that you absolutely do want to see spread. And that’s what happened with the last blog post you read here; ‘Would you wear clothes then return them as unused?’ It’s grown arms and legs it seems!
First, my dear friend, fellow finance blogger across the pond Budgets are Sexy, took the idea and gave it his very own, unique spin, here, which is well worth a read: the stuff I learned from his commenters – made me feel as if I’ve lived a sheltered life!
Next, the lovely crew at International Fashion Bloggers made the post one of their Links a la Mode, together with a bunch of style bloggers, below. It’s a nice way, Skint pals, to find out about some other lovely blogs.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- Bohemian Like You: We Don’t Need to be at New York Fashion Week
- Cats and Milk: Icon // Alek Wek
- Cheap ‘n Chic Living: Why BB cream could fail & the best sun protection routine
- Corals + Cognacs: Inside Edition: The Tents at Lincoln Center
- Fashion is Evolution: 6 Tricks for Beautiful Skin in Your 20s and Beyond
- Just Having a Giraffe: The Four Faces of Lady Gaga
- Kiri Yanchenko: Create Your Own Runway Look With Ease
- Lollie Shopping: Sunglasses Are Not Headbands
- Metallic Paws: How to wear Crop Tops- and feel comfortable and confident!
- Momtrends: Mad for Plaid
- Real Girl Glam: J.Crew-Inspired DIY Jeweled Baseball Cap
- Rose & Pine: The ONLY Denim Guide You’ll Need This Fall!
- Simply Fabulous: Not to miss: Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition
- Skint in the City: Would You Wear Clothes then Return as ‘Unused’?
- Stilettos & Tequila: Does Fashion Blogging Only Mean Outfit Posts?
- Style Context: 5 Pinterest Strategies for Your Blog
- The Curatorial: Nike Pro Tattoo Tech: Tattoos, Ritual and Appropriation
- The Neon Blonde: Say Cheese! How To Take Better Instagram Pictures
- Two Kids NYC: 7 Tip on How to Thrift
- Youth Savage: Dapper Humanitarians
And the post featured in a few weekly round-ups, or ‘carnivals’ as bloggers call them. Doesn’t ‘carnival’ sound so much more festive than round-up? Just grab a bag of candy floss and join the carousel, laptop in hand! Anyway, here are the links, and the chance to stumble across your new, favourite blog, so here’s a shout and a big thanks to the Yakezie Carnival, Carnival of Financial Independence and the Lifestyle Carnival.
Congratulations again, rich pals! I hope you are all feeling particularly wealthy today. In the interests of research I just counted what I’ve got in my purse. £4.24, an elastic band, and a load of old receipts – I am, quite officially, rolling in it.
Photo credit: taringa